End of Summer Break

Well it is the last week-end of summer break as school starts next week. Where did summer go? We had such a great summer I hate to see it over. We traveled, watched a lot of softball, enjoyed the Olympics, and did some (not nearly enough) closet/attic/basement cleaning.

Now we are gearing up for Ashley and Kylee's senior year. Seniors, wait they are still my babies, I'm not ready for them to be this old. Kylee has already applied at one college and is looking at more schools. Ashley is looking at schools and is not sure what she wants to do but knows she wants to go to college.

We are also dealing with the Republican National Convention in our neighborhood. They convention doesn't start until the first but they have been setting up and fixing up for weeks now. It feels a little like the circus is coming to town. The Xcel center is only about a half a mile from our house. They are closing many of the streets around the Xcel and this will make getting around inconvenient. There is a lot of security and they are planing on lots of protesters. I hope they stay in downtown and not come to our area! Aaron is working for Homeland Security at the Convention but I don't know exactly what he is doing.

0 comments: