Well Ashley wanted to surprise everyone when she came home for winter break. We (Ashley and I that is) told everyone that she was not able to come home until Christmas Eve day. We told them that she would be riding the train home and that she would arrive at 7:00 on the 24th. In the mean time one of Ashley's professors' wife booked Ashley on a flight home on December 20th. This is a whole different story that I will share later. Anyway, Ashley was coming home and I needed to either leave the house at eleven at night (which would really raise red flags) or find someone that could help me out. I decided to ask one of the other college students from our church if he could pick Ashley up so that no one would suspect anything. He agreed and a plan was coming together.
First I could not get Beth to come and stay at our house, she really loves her own bed! Then Ashley's flight leaving Pasco, WA was delayed. Then a call saying the she had made it to Denver. Another delay in Denver. Ashley's flight was to come in at 11:50 p.m. but did not arrive until 12:18 a.m. When she finally walked in the front door most of us were asleep. I tried to catch it on video put the house was just too dark. Again Beth was the only person not home to see Ashley. We hugged, talked, laughed and I "tickled" Ashley's back. Sleep didn't happen till well after 3:00 a.m. Then it was up for work at 5:15.
Beth is coaching basketball at the school so Ashley and I decided to surprise Beth there. Beth was doing paperwork in the Athletic office when Ashley surprised her. The video says it all, Beth was SURPRISED!
WELCOME HOME ASHLEY!
0 comments:
Post a Comment