RNC Update
I don't have a lot to say about the RNC and what it has done to change my life other than "I Hate Helicopters! Yes I said helicopters, they have been flying over our area every night, when I go to sleep I hear them, and when I wake up I hear them. Although tonight as I am writing this I have only heard them once. Hmmm, could it be because there is a concert in Minneapolis by Rage Against The Machine also known as RATM? (I know nothing about their music other than what I read on the internet. I guess they are a radical rap/rock group.) Any way it seems to be quite quite here tonight.
Monday was a whole other story. They arrested over 200 protesters that gathered at the park near the river not far from our house. The police closed all of the bridges in the area, which caused Warren to get stuck on the other side of the river from us and he had to take a 15 mile or so detour to come home from the store that in just under 2 miles from home. After Aaron was done with work he and I walked down to check things out and walked right by the police as they finished processing some of the protesters from earlier. It was a little surreal. Police in riot gear, lots of police in riot gear, and people walking along the river (most of us live in the area) like nothing was up. Talking about the weather and how it was to cool down, how our day had gone.
Tuesday was my first day with students at work after the summer break and I was quite tired so I didn't watch much TV or look at the internet about the convention but could tell there was something going on because of the helicopters. I guess a group of protesters were getting out of control after RATM was not allowed to sing at a anti-war rally at the State Capital.
I guess I had more to say than I thought I did. Well all is quiet so I am going to bed. Tomorrow is the last day of the convention. I hope that next week we can get back to normal around here.

0 comments:
Post a Comment