Handel's "Messiah"
Yesterday I was to go out with my best friend Marie to see Handel's "Messiah" at the St. Paul Cathedral. Unfortunately Marie was not able to come along because her family was sick 101 temps and such. Marie had bought the tickets for us and this was to be my Christmas gift. Marie called to say the she would not be able to join me but wanted me to still go. I don't get to see her too much so I was very depressed all day. I asked many to join me but being last minute many could not make it, by the time I left work I was even thinking about not going at all. I asked God to bring to mind just who He wanted me to bring and my sister Mary came to mind. A phone call later the plans were set and Mary came to the concert with me. I also don't get to spend too much time with Mary or any other family for that matter, lives are just to BUSY! Anyway back to the concert, The Cathedral was BEAUTIFUL ( I had never been inside), the music was magical and to reflect on the life of Christ in these busy times was just the break from everything I needed.
Thanks Marie for the GREAT gift and I wish you were there. I hope everyone is feeling better.

0 comments:
Post a Comment